Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oops...Silly Mama

As a Mom, there are things you'll do that you never imagined. The moments when you do anything to make your child giggle because those sounds are better than any embarrassing moment when people see you acting a fool. Squatting down in front of the shopping cart at the grocery store to pop up and play peek-a-boo no matter who's watching. And the silly faces and sounds you make to try to get your toddlers attention from screaming while changing their diaper. As a Mom, you become second. Period. The moment you find out you have a life inside, you should forever be second. I'm ok with that.

The other day I did something that only Moms would do. (And maybe Dads, too.) I had brought Mason's clothes downstairs to wash along with a clean diaper to change him. A few minutes later, I went to change him but couldn't find the diaper anywhere. An hour late ( yes, he had a diaper change) , I go to put the clean clothes in the dryer and, you guessed it, an EXTRA clean diaper...no child should ever leak in a Pampers diaper! Look at this sucker!

Pampers Rock!


Another "Has Mom lost her mind?" moment that I recall was when our family went to see Santa this past December. The Real Santa. The Legendary Santa. Mason wasn't too excited so when we got him off of Santa's lap, I had the paci ready to calm him down. It took me about 10 seconds of trying to push the paci in, very pursed lips, and a shaking head to realize it wasn't Mason I wa trying to give the paci to. It was my husband. He finally said "WHAT are you doing??" I died laughing. It still makes me chuckle.
Mason and The Legendary Santa 2012


I really feel like Moms lose their brain when children come along. Mine has been missing for 16 months. Let me know if you find it.

What are your "Has Mom lost her mind?" moments?

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I love this post! That is when full diaper! And how did I miss you giving Chris the paci? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I just died laughing on the paci thing. Anything to make that sweet little face smile and giggle is worth anything embarrassing we say/do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's funny about the paci incident!

    ReplyDelete