Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reflecting on my day.

Hey ya'll!

Has it really been almost a month!? Sorry. I'm not always good at this blogging thing.

It's been a crazy month with a lot going on. It's summer? How did June get here so fast. Half of the year is OVER! Before I know it, I'll be planning Mason's 2nd birthday! (Which I'm NOT ready for!)

Speaking of Mason, that little guy is growing up so fast. These last couple of weeks have been full of growing and learning. He does something new every day and I think "When did you learn that?" It makes it fun. There is never a dull moment with a child. He's so busy all of the time which makes me so grateful that he's started to cuddle with me when it's time for bed. Mason has never really been much of snuggler and I'm ok with that. After his first 6 months, when it was time for bed, he wanted you to lay him down and leave. Now, he likes to be rocked and sang to (bless his little heart and ears) and cuddled :) Makes this Mama happy and ends my day remembering to be thankful for each second I have with him. Day-to-day life as a Mom can be stressful, tiring, annoying, and monotonous... It can also be playful, special, wonderful, and fun! It doesn't mean you don't love your children with your whole heart. It just means that you have a LOT to look after. The dishes are never done, the laundry is always piled up, mail is never organized, the house is always a disaster, there's guilt because you didn't cook that night for your family, there's a sometimes short temper that you regret in a second. But that's NORMAL. Or at least that's what I tell myself. We are not perfect. We are human. We cannot do everything or do everything right. But we try. I try. I want to be a good wife, a good mom, a good housekeeper, a financial support for my family. But I fail at every one of those jobs. I like to think I do it right sometimes too. It's all a balancing act that some days I don't feel like I've figured it out! Other days I think, "Yeah, Go me! Mom/Wife of the Day award!" So back to my snuggles with Mason. Those 10, 20, 30 minutes I have to spend quiet time with him are special. It helps me to reflect on my day, my life, my family. It allows me to sincerely pray for the precious life that God has trusted me to take care of, to help, and to teach. I thank God for the many blessings he has given us.

--I know you'll keep growing Mason. But I'm trying to savor our moments (good and bad!) together. Because I know it's fleeting and we aren't always promised tomorrow. So, thank you, Son, for your snuggles, giggles, and smiles at bedtime. --






3 comments:

  1. I love this! I think we are all too hard on ourselves sometimes. We can't always be supermom! I love this kid. So so so so much. And his mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. You are such an amazing wife and mother never doubt that for a second. I see how you are with him and it just makes my heart happy. I love you L3 and I am so dang proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete