Monday, March 29, 2010

"The One"

The weekends always fly by....and this one was no different. It seems as soon as Friday gets here, it's time to go to bed Sunday evening..

You know, it's so important to find "the one" in life. Which is so fitting since that has been mine and Chris' song since 2002( My brother-in-law sang it at our wedding :) But really, life isn't always about how much money you have, or how many vacations you can take, or what kind of cars we drive. It's about being able to spend TIME together just talking and learning more about each other and helping when the other needs help..

This weekend was great. Saturday morning, Chris and I ran some errands and then for the remainder of the afternoon I was outside "on a boat" ( sitting on a boat he needs to repair) while Chris was fixing a blown-up ski. (Chris works on blown-up skis and repairs during the summer after work.) We talked and just enjoyed the afternoon. We washed the ski, took it out to test it, dropped it off at his parents' house to sell, and then we came home and I fixed chicken wings. I was very proud of myself. I got the recipe from "Giada at Home"-one of my favorite shows- and I made homemade sauce and cooked the wings. Chris said they were great-which coming from Chris is a compliment and since wings are one of his favorites, I was proud of myself :)

Sunday was another beautiful, but chilly day. Church was very enjoyable and so were our sandwiches we ate at home afterward while we watched HGTV. We decided to take a trip out to the new house just to look. And then, of course, with more ideas, we ventured to Home Depot. Might I say that our master bathroom is going to be gorgeous! I mean REALLY! :) We picked out the tilework, the paint, the bubble/massage tub, the toilet, the vanity and sink. We'll have tilework all around the face of the tub and glass instead of a shower curtain. I am SO excited. It'll feel like a real master bath! And surprisingly, it was the easiest room we've ever picked out! We went to Cracker Barrel at 4:45 ( I REALLY had to twist Chris' arm to go so early because he NEVER eats that early. But I insisted we should save gas and not come into town twice. I mean we were passing by Cracker Barrel after Home Depot anyway. How convenient :) We watched Catch Me If You Can and then we watched Shooter and headed to bed.

It was all wonderful :) And all because I have chosen the RIGHT "one" to spend all of my time with. Even if it's just hanging around while he works on skis, or riding all around just to "look" at land, or picking out our master bath for the new house :) We have the best of times when we're together <3

1 comment: