Wednesday, March 13, 2013

In The Rearview Mirror

I dropped Mason off this morning at my Mama's house. As I pulled out of the long driveway, I caught myself watching Mason out of the rearview mirror. I realized that I do this everytime I leave. It made me wonder, "Will I always watch him as I leave?" And then I thought, "What about the day he leaves me?" There will be a day when I'm not leaving him, but he's leaving me. Leaving me to go play with friends, leaving me to drive on his own for the first time, leaving me for a date at the movies, leaving me to (hopefully) go to college, leaving me for another woman, his wife. That's a lot of leaving that I'm not ready for.

Don't grow up too soon Mason.

1 comment:

  1. okay crying... again. Mase stop growing so fast but no matter where he goes he has an amazing mama and she will always have a very special place in his heart. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete