Thursday, March 28, 2013

The way he loves his Daddy.

I think there is a certain way our children show us they love us. Whether they be 5 months, 5 years, or 35, they have a way of showing their parents that they love them. I also think they love Mama and Daddy differently. When Mason is hurt, he wants "Maaaa Maaaa", when he's tired he wants Mama. But when that back door opens, Mason runs. He knows that Dada is finally home.
 
Chris is a hard worker. I don't mean he is your typical "hard worker." He works from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep. He. Works. Hard. So, naturally, I get to see Mason and spend more time with him. And that boy loves me. He really does. But I think the difference is his time with Dada is special. It doesn't happen as long or as frequently as time with me. I can tell by the way Mason watches Chris. I can tell by the way he will not come to me if his Daddy has just come in the door. I can tell by the way he runs up to him and opens his arms wide for his Daddy to pick him up. I just love to watch those two together. I soak it in as I watch them play, hug, cuddle...I know as Mason grows, he'll love his Daddy in different ways. The bond between a father and a son is undeniable. I love watching that bond grow each day.
 
 
He may not verbally say the words "I love you" yet but he sure knows how to show it. He loves his Daddy. 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow you know how to get somebody teary eyed. Love that picture of Chris and Mase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet! And I love this picture!!!

    ReplyDelete