Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Little Things

So I'm driving home from church today (Chris had to work) and I roll down the back two windows in an attempt to keep Mason awake until we get home for a nap. The wind was blowing through his hair and a big grin came across his face showing all 12 of his teeth. Following the grin were sweet little giggles. It is in those moments that I think "This is what it's all about." It's the little things in life that make us the happiest.

It's the first blooms that come in Spring that end up in the kitchen window.
It's putting on my makeup with the bathroom window up hearing the birds chirping after winter.
It's my almost 16 month old toddler getting a kick out of stacking gravel on jet ski trailers, steps, and the front walkway.
It's hearing Chris tell Mason to find someone like his Mama and he'll be lucky.
It's going to the bathroom by myself. (A rare occasion once you've become a Mom.)
It's the back porch dinners on a Spring evening.
It's the wet clothes that I have to change after Mason is done splashing in the tub.
It's the moment of "still" in the chaotic world we live in.

It is the little things in life that make me stop and appreciate these moments. I'm so thankful for them.


Check out my sister, Lindsey's, blog tomorrow. She's doing a HECK of a giveaway! :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Especially what Chris said about finding someone like you. SO SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with L2 I love this and that is so sweet and so Chris to say that. Mason laugh will definitely make your day:)

    ReplyDelete